Progressive Enterprises chose Muli Mobile as its system delivery and support partner to deliver a fully integrated Mobile Information System
Progressive Enterprises operates a fleet of trucks nationwide delivering online orders to customers of its Countdown Online Supermarket. The delivery-to-consumer or "last mile" business process was ripe for innovation with mobile technology.
Improve efficiency in the ‘last mile’ of Countdown’s E-Commerce logistics operations
Capture and digitise complex manual processes, while automating tasks where possible.
- Establish a partnership with the Progressive Enterprises ICT and logistics departments to minimise execution risks
- Discover existing business processes and agree on optimisation and automation
- Implement secure server and mobile client architecture using firewalled API access over the cellular network
Expected Return on Investment
- Increase in driver deliveries per hour
- Decrease in delivery errors and customer complaints
- Improved delivery-related communications with customers
- Opportunity for further optimisation of the delivery process via improved visibility
Key sector trends
Australian and New Zealand consumers are increasingly shopping online. The growth of broadband penetration and trust in the online channel led to significant E-Commerce growth in the last decade.
Increasing importance is placed on excellence in the “last mile” (the delivery stage) of an online customer journey.
- Growth in E-Commerce: The NAB Online Retail Sales Index recorded another year of double-digit growth in E-Commerce retail sales as of September 2014. Online sales now make up 6.7% of all retail sales. Growth in the Homewares and Appliances, as well as the Groceries and Liquor categories was particularly strong.
- Growing importance of “last mile”: Savvy shoppers accustomed to high levels of service on overseas websites are demanding the same from local E-Commerce providers. According to Australia Post’s research, 48% of Australian online shoppers abandon purchases at checkout due to dissatisfaction with the delivery options available.
In the rapidly maturing E-Commerce market, consumer expectations of the delivery stage are rising. This presents multiple challenges, including:
- Speed to market
- Errors while getting up to speed
- Incompatibility with existing systems
- Expensive 3rd party software
- Competitive threat as industry adapts to cost-efficient mobile platforms
Increase business competitiveness:
- Adapt vital business systems to cost-efficient mobile platforms
- Get it right with user experience on mobile devices
- Reduce the time to market
- Reduce the risk of damaging errors
- Maximise the use of real-time logistics intelligence to improve conversion rates
In the race to gain a competitive advantage in E-Commerce, performance improvements in the last mile can make a significant difference to conversions, order values and customer loyalty.
Prepare your organisation for last mile challenges by partnering with a leading mobile business specialist.