Stuff We Do
Mobile Marketing Solutions
We know building for mobile isn't just about looking pretty, but about conducting a symphony of consumer experience, cutting-edge technology, systems integration, marketing and elbow grease.
- 5 mobile trends to know
- Penetration. 44% of Kiwis have smartphones (Google).
- Growth. 2 in 3 NZ phones sold today are smartphones (NBR).
- App usage dominates Web. Mobile apps see 30% more daily time spent than Web (Flurry).
- Performance expectations. 3 in 4 users bounce if a mobile site loads longer than 5 seconds. 1 in 3 go to a competitor's site (Compuware).
- Mobile DM: a secret weapon. AirBnB, Ritz-Carlton Hotels, InterContinental Hotels, Viator among early adopters seeing results from Mobile Direct Message technology.
Mobile Marketing Strategies
Our team's multi-disciplinary experience in digital marketing - from ROI-focused online campaigns and maximising conversion rates, to integrating with corporate systems - gives us a clear advantage.
- 5 opportunities in mobile
- Loyalty. Your brand's mobile app users are the new loyal customers. Reward them with new experiences, news and special offers.
- Volume. Mobile traffic doubled last year, for the fourth year in a row. In the US, smartphones and tablets now make up 20% of Internet traffic.
- Direct Marketing. Build a customer contact database without collecting phone number or email address by using Mobile DM in your app.
- Unprecedented targeting accuracy. Target by geo-location, demographics, local time and even custom segments from your CRM.
- Offline tracking. Track in-store foot traffic and even offline purchases resulting from digital advertising campaigns.
Mobile Direct Message (mDM)
mDM would be like SMS marketing if SMS could learn new tricks, like exact geo-targeting and rich branding. Even then SMS would have to learn to be affordable and cool, which would be difficult given its age.
- Read the points
- Rich branding. Send rich offers with graphics, video, HTML, maps and more.
- Superior targeting. Targeting by demographic, location and more e.g. "18-25 year-olds in downtown on Friday afternoon".
- Offer automation. Create offers triggered by rules e.g. by geo-fencing arrival in Queenstown: "Get 20% off jet boat ride".
- Track online and offline. Track both online and offline results (clicks, website visits, foot traffic, in-store revenue).
The mobile website is a fundamental element of any mobile marketing strategy, ensuring the brand is presented in the best possible light, while beaming relevant information to mobile users, who are walking around doing stuff.
- Read the ticks and crosses
- Superior reach. Mobile sites ensure maximum reach across device types, browsers and operating systems.
- Cost effective. Mobile sites are typically cheaper to build and maintain than multiple mobile apps.
- Opportunity cost. Direct marketers miss out on superior targeting technologies only available in mobile apps, such as mDM.
- User experience and conversion rate. User experience in mobile sites is typically inferior to that available in mobile apps due to reliance on a data connection. In parts of the South Island carrier pigeons are faster.
With mobile app usage outpacing Internet usage, the smartphone app is at the forefront of mobile mass-media and receives lots of invitations to great parties.
- Read the ticks and crosses
- Capture eyeballs. Mobile apps enjoyed 30% longer average daily consumption than the Internet in the US market by Q4 2011.
- Branding & creative. Smoother user experience, sharper images and more content than mobile sites.
- Superior targeting. Game-changing new targeting technologies, such as mDM, are available only in mobile apps. Cool keeps cool company.
- Reach. Apple fanboys are fans of Apple and fandroids are fans of Android. To reach both sets, multiple apps and/or a mobile site are required.
- Cost. Building apps for multiple platforms is typically more expensive than building a single mobile site, unless the mobile site costs more.
Mobile Analytics is more than just how many apps were downloaded, or the number of visits to the mobile site. You heard it here first.
Contact us to find out how we can help your business.
- Read the points
- Implementation. Define and implement marketing metrics for the mobile channel.
- Technology selection. Select the most appropriate analytics technologies.
- Complex custom tracking. We build custom tracking for complex business goals.
- Training. We provide training in the usage of mobile analytics reporting and configuration.